In this course, you'll learn who OWASP is, what they do, and what the OWASP Top 10 list represents.
- start the course
- describe the modern state of web applications
- specify the importance of security in web applications
- list recent major attacks on web applications
- review an example of an exploit and review topics to identify an exploit
- describe who OWASP is, what they do, and why they are relevant
- review the key areas on the OWASP site and review some of the key sections
- describe what the OWASP Top 10 is
- review how to access the latest Top 10 information from the OWASP web site
- list items on the previous OWASP Top 10 lists
- list items on the OWASP Top 10 2017 list
- compare the similarities between the 2017 OWASP Top 10 list and previous lists
- describe why OWASP Top 10 is important and useful
- demonstrate how to access the OWASP Top 10 developer guide
- specify who the OWASP Top 10 is meant for
Practice: OWASP Top 10
- list commonalities between old and new lists
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.