Discover how to obtain summary information, such as averages, for groups of rows in SQL. Explore how to group rows in a table into smaller sets and how to specify search criteria for groups of rows.
Oracle Database 12c R2 SQL: Reporting Aggregated Data Using the Group Functions
- describe how to use group functions to return one result based on a set of rows in a SQL statement
- use the AVG and SUM functions to group numeric data in a SQL statement
- use the MIN and MAX functions to group numeric, character, and date data types in a SQL statement
- use the COUNT and COUNT DISTINCT functions in a SQL statement
- work with NULL values when grouping a set of rows in a SQL statement
- create groups of data in a SQL statement
- create groups of data and work with the GROUP BY clause in a SQL statement
- use the GROUP BY clause on multiple columns in a SQL statement
- demonstrate illegal queries when using the GROUP BY function in a SQL statement
- use the HAVING clause to restrict grouped rows returned in a SQL statement
- nest group functions to a depth of two functions in a SQL statement
- write SQL statements using GROUP BY and HAVING
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.