The installation of the Oracle software, Oracle databases and ensuring the correct environment are in place are important tasks for a DBA to complete properly. If these tasks are not done issues may occur to the Oracle system. This course covers how to plan for the Oracle software installation and the Grid Infrastructure. It also discusses how to install the Oracle Database 12c databases and post-installation tasks. This course is one of a series in two Skillsoft learning paths that cover the objectives for the 1Z0-062: Oracle Database 12c Installation and Administration certification exam.
Oracle Software and Grid Infrastructure
- recognize how to plan an Oracle installation
- describe the operating system groups used when configuring your system to install the Oracle Grid infrastructure
- specify the installation method to use in a given scenario
- prepare for Oracle Software and Grid Infrastructure installation
Oracle Database Software and DBCA
- identify the minimum requirements for installing the Oracle Database software
- describe the considerations for installing a Oracle 12c database using the DBCA
- describe how to create Oracle 12c databases using the DBCA
- identify how to use Oracle Restart to manage components
- install and manage an Oracle Database 12c
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.