An important part of managing an Oracle Database instance is ensuring high availability and manageability. In Oracle Database 12c new features and enhancements have been added to the RMAN client utility to ensure for better back up and recovery of databases. It has also added the Real-Time Database Operation monitoring to allow administrators to monitor database operations. Oracle has also provided the Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Database Lifecycle Management pack which allows for processes to be automated to manage a database lifecycle. This course will discuss how to use the new features of RMAN, Real-Time Database Operation Monitoring, and schema and change management. This course is one in a series in the Skillsoft learning path that covers the objectives for the 1Z0-060: Upgrade to Oracle Database 12c certification exam.
- identify the new RMAN enhancements in Oracle Database 12c
- sequence the steps to perform cross-platform data transport
- describe how to perform table recovery using RMAN
- describe how to implement Real-Time Database Operation Monitoring
- describe the characteristics of the new Schema Change Plans feature
- describe how the Data Comparison feature can be used
- use RMAN, Real-Time Database Operation Monitoring, and Schema and Change management in a given scenarios