Oracle Database 11g Release 2 is designed for data center environments that are rapidly evolving and changing to keep up with business demands, enabling DBAs to manage change effectively and efficiently. Oracle Database 11g Release 2 offers significant advances in the areas of automatic diagnostics, supportability, and change management. It can be expensive for organizations to evaluate and implement changes to their data center infrastructure, and Oracle addresses this issue with a collection of solutions under the umbrella of Change Management. These consist of SQL Performance Analyzer, SQL Plan Management, and Database Replay. This course identifies each of these change management solutions and demonstrates how to use them to analyze SQL statements, test upgrades, and capture and analyze workloads.
It is one of a series of courses in the Skillsoft learning path that covers the objectives for the Oracle exam 1Z0-050 Oracle Database 11g: New Features for Administrators, which is an upgrade path for Oracle Database 10g Administrator Certified Professional (10g DBA OCP) certified individuals to achieve Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional (11g DBA OCP) certification.
SQL Performance Analyzer and Plan Management
- identify the phases of the lifecycle of change management
- recognize the features of SQL Performance Analyzer
- use SQL Performance Analyzer to measure database performance
- recognize the features of SQL Plan Management
- migrate stored outlines to SQL Plan baselines
Change Management and Database Replay
- identify how Database Replay can capture and process a workload
- identify the features of workload filters and replay analysis
- identify how to use Database Replay
- plan for and test the effectiveness of a change in data center infrastructure