Oracle Database 11g Release 2 offers improvements and new features to provide DBAs a better way to monitor SQL commands in real-time and to allow the database to automatically manage its own memory and gather optimizer statistics. These features enable the DBA to ensure the optimal memory sizes are being used for the database using Automatic Memory Management, and that SQL statements are running properly by monitoring them in real-time using Enterprise Manager. It also offers a new feature to conceptually extend the buffer cache by using DB Smart Flash. This course demonstrates how to monitor SQL commands in real-time using SQL Monitoring, use Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitoring (ADDM), DB Smart Cache, gather and view different statistics for partitioned tables, hash-based sampling, multicolumn, and expressions, and use deferred statistics.
This course is one of a series in the Skillsoft learning path that covers the objectives for the Oracle exam 1Z0-050 Oracle Database 11g: New Features for Administrators, which is an upgrade path for Oracle Database 10g Administrator Certified Professional (10g DBA OCP) certified individuals to achieve Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional (11g DBA OCP) certification.
SQL Monitoring and Performance Enhancements
- monitor the performance of SQL statements in real time
- use Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitoring
- use Automatic Memory Management
- improve database performance by using DB Smart Flash Cache
- use Optimizer Statistics
- identify Oracle Database 11g R2s locking enhancements
- utilize the Oracle Database 11g Release 2 performance enhancements and monitor SQL