Oracle Database 11g Release 2 offers new and improved features to ensure for continuous data access, even during unplanned failures and scheduled maintenance tasks. New RMAN features make it easier to backup, recover and duplicate databases in a timely manner while minimizing data loss. It also offers Flashback technology, giving DBAs additional protection against data loss, as well as the Data Recovery Advisor which automatically diagnoses data failures and offers suggestions on how to correct the issues. This course demonstrates how to backup and recover database, archive backups, using TSPITR, and manage the recovery catalogs. It also demonstrates how to use the Flashback Data Archive, Flashback Transaction Backout, LogMiner, and Data Pump as well as use the Data Recovery Advisor.
This course is one of a series in the Skillsoft learning path that covers the objectives for the Oracle exam 1Z0-050 Oracle Database 11g: New Features for Administrators, which is an upgrade path for Oracle Database 10g Administrator Certified Professional (10g DBA OCP) certified individuals to achieve Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional (11g DBA OCP) certification.
Backup and Recovery Enhancements
- identify the new features of RMAN
- duplicate a database
- identify how to create archival backups and use the new features of TSPITR
- manage recovery catalogs
- create and use virtual private catalogs
Flashback, LogMiner, and Data Pump Enhancements
- create, protect, and use history data with Flashback Data Archive
- identify the features of Flashback Transaction Backout and LogMiner
- use Data Pump legacy mode
Data Recovery Advisor
- repair data after a failure
- archive, recover, and repair data