Oracle Database 11g Release 2 provides many improvements from its previous releases. This includes enhancements to ASM and storage to improve performance and to reduce server maintenance down time. This course identifies the enhancements in each of these areas. It also demonstrates how to use ASM fast mirror resync, manage ASM users, disk groups, ACLs, and Intelligent Data Placement, as well as table compression, SQL Access Advisor, and segment creation.
It is one of a series of courses in the Skillsoft learning path that covers the objectives for the Oracle exam 1Z0-050 Oracle Database 11g: New Features for Administrators, which is an upgrade path for the Oracle Database 10g Administrator Certified Professional (10g DBA OCP) to achieve Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional (11g DBA OCP) certification.
- identify the options available when using ASM
- manage ASM disk groups
- manage ASM ACLs
- use ASM Intelligent Data Placement
- use Oracle Database 11g Release 2s ASM enhancements
- identify the features of 4-KB sector disks
- compress table data
- create SQL Access Advisor analysis sessions
- create temporary tablespaces and segments