It's a fact that market trends are constantly changing. Failure to adapt to these changes may result in your organization losing its competitiveness – and, ultimately, customers. To take advantage of these shifting forces, businesses must implement an effective operations management strategy that matches market demands. In this course, you’ll learn about demand forecasting and capacity management, two techniques that can optimize your organization’s operations to handle market trends and meet the challenges of supply and demand. You'll also learn about demand patterns, a process for forecasting demand, and strategies for managing your organization's capacity.
Demand Forecasting and Capacity Management
- match customer demand trends with the patterns that illustrate them
- identify the major demand forecasting variables
- sequence the stages in the demand forecasting process
- match specific demand forecasting methods to the appropriate model category
- recognize the characteristics of level, or fixed, strategies for managing capacity
- match appropriate descriptions to each chase demand strategy approach
- recognize statements that describe organizations that use the demand management strategy
- recognize ways to forecast demand and strategies for managing capacity
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.