For the new project manager, the essentials – what you need to know to undertake your new responsibilities - are not always obvious. Project management involves a lot of moving parts.
In this course, you’ll learn some of the foundational concepts, such as what a project and its project environment and scope are. You'll learn what you’ll be responsible for, and things you’ll need to understand before planning begins. You’ll also learn where to go to access useful information and how to identify the different types of people who will have an interest in the project – its stakeholders.
New Project Manager Essentials
- discover the subject areas that will be covered in this course
- recognize the common characteristics of projects
- identify potential business reasons for a undertaking a project
- recognize the responsibilities of a project manager
- identify sources of experience and information to leverage when starting a new project
- identify key project stakeholders
- Knowledge Check: Mastering the Basics of Project Management
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.