MySQL is fast, reliable, easy to use, free to download, and supports standard SQL. Explore MySQL, including how to download and configure MySQL, and how to use the MySQL Workbench.
MySQL Database Development: Introduction
- describe the MySQL database platform, why you would want to use it, and the various editions available
- locate and select the download options for the correct edition of MySQL
- perform the installation and configuration of MySQL
- properly configure the MySQL Server
- describe what MySQL Workbench is and recognize the various functions it can perform
- configure the Options File to change the behavior of the MySQL server
- use MySQL Workbench to create and maintain database connections
- use the Navigator Window to perform common server management tasks
- use MySQL Workbench to define and configure both system variables and status variables
- use MySQL Workbench to create and manage new user accounts
- manage the permissions each user has within your MySQL environment
- work with MySQL Workbench to perform various administrative tasks
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.