Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 builds upon features found in previous versions of Windows Server, as well as providing several new features. This course discusses the planning and installation of Windows Server 2012 R2, including an overview of the various editions, features, minimum requirements, and upgrade paths. It also covers installing Server Core, migrating roles from previous versions of Windows Server, optimizing resource allocation, and adding and removing features. Also included are topics such as configuring Server Core and the full GUI interface, deploying roles on remote servers, remote server administration, and NIC teaming. It is one of a series designed to prepare the learner for exam 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2.
Configure Servers and Server Roles
- recognize Windows Server 2012 R2 editions
- identify the features of Windows Server Migration Tools
- recognize how to manage Server Core based installations
- identify the benefits of NIC Teaming
- install, configure, and manage Windows Server 2012 R2
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.