Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 builds upon features found in previous versions of Windows Server and provides several new features. This course examines the configuration of security policies, application restriction policies, and the Windows Firewall. Specifically user rights assignment, security templates, audit policies, local users and group configuration, and user account control are explored, as are AppLocker, rule enforcement, and software restriction policies. Other tasks to be examined include configuring Windows Firewall, through both static configuration and group policy, configuring security rules, creating exceptions, and importing and exporting settings. This course is the ninth in a series for the Microsoft MCSA in Windows Server 2012 R2 certification and prepares the learner for the 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012.
Configuring security policies
- match each layer of Defense in Depth to the area it helps secure
- recognize how each security template is used in Windows Server 2012 R2
- identify the function of User Account Control settings
- identify the function of the audit policies available in Windows Server 2012 R2
Configuring application restriction policies
- identify the capabilities of AppLocker in Windows Server 2012 R2
- describe Software Restriction policies in Windows Server 2012 R2
Configuring Windows Firewall
- describe the rule criteria used to configure Windows Server 2012 R2 Firewall
- implement security in Windows Server 2012 R2 environments
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.