Active Directory Certificate Services, or AD CS, allows a company to deploy and manage a Public Key Infrastructure, or PKI, to secure and protect important data and data communications. This course covers the installation and management of a PKI using the AD CS role services, including installation and configuration of AD CS, certificate enrollment, templates, and revocation. This course is one of a series, which covers the objectives for Microsoft Exam 70-412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services. This exam is a requirement for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows Server 2012 certification.
PKI Overview and Creation
- identify the function of each PKI component
- recognize how AD CS role services are used
Managing the PKI
- recognize the processes involved in certificate validation and revocation
- identify what the Windows Server 2012 R2 certificate templates define
- recognize certification enrollment options
- recognize how to back up and restore a CA
- identify true statements about PKI components, Role Services, and certificate revocation used during an AD CS rollout
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.