Managing database integrity by ensuring objects are structurally sound and properly allocated is an important aspect of database administration. This course teaches you how to implement database consistency checks, as well as how to identify and recover from database corruption. This course is one of a series in the Skillsoft learning path that covers the objectives for the 70-764: Administering a SQL Database Infrastructure exam.
Checking Database Consistency
- start the course
- describe the purpose of the Database Consistency Checker
- use the Database Consistency Checker in SQL Server Management Studio
- use the catalog view to see information about progress and current phase of execution
- describe the types of consistency checks appropriate for databases
- perform consistency checks on tables and indexes
- recognize common consistency check errors and their resolutions
- recognize possible causes of database corruption
- detect corruption in a SQL Server database
- recover from database corruption
Practice: Checking Database Consistency
- use SQL Server 2016 tools to ensure database consistency
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.