Change is not an event; it is a process. It's important to recognize that your role is to support individuals through the transition and remove obstacles that can hinder a smooth transition from one process to another. In this course, you'll learn about types of resistance and obstacles to change and how to overcome them. You'll also learn about how to overcome barriers to introducing change at your organization. Finally, you'll learn effective approaches for communicating change.
Leading a Significant Change
- match sources of employee resistance to change to examples
- match types of change resistance to actions for dealing with them
- recognize various change obstacles in an organization
- identify tactics for overcoming obstacles to change
- match information-based roots of inertia with examples of how to overcome them
- identify examples of ways to overcome action-related employee inertia
- recognize appropriate ways to communicate change
- recognize tactics for effectively leading change in your organization
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.