Rarely will a modern organization be housed entirely under one roof, with all employees sitting together in co-located offices and workspaces. Today, your teams are just as likely to be scattered across countries, continents, languages, and cultures. Leading virtually requires skills and attitudes that would have been unthinkable a generation ago.
This course will provide strategies and techniques for using modern collaboration technologies to leverage the benefits of virtual teams and overcome their inevitable challenges.
You will learn how to:
• Adapt and adjust your virtual leadership skills to better understand
• Relate to virtual team members with widely ranging backgrounds and experiences
• Virtually lead people with diverse talents, languages, and approaches
- Leading Virtually
- identify the requirements for building a successful virtual team
- identify leadership practices that are important for virtual team success
- Knowledge Check: Virtual Leadership Attributes
- recognize actions that successfully utilize technology for virtual teamwork
- recognize actions for executing successful virtual team projects
- identify solutions to common challenges of virtual teams
- Knowledge Check: Resolving Virtual Team Challenges
- reflect on what you've learned
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.