An effective leader recognizes that organizational politics can provide positive ways to influence others in order to accomplish goals. In this course, you'll be guided through numerous methods and strategies for being persuasive and effectively influencing a team to accept your ideas. You'll be introduced to the importance of political awareness and the essential skills involved in using positive politics and avoiding negative politics to persuade others. You'll also have an opportunity to practice methods for influencing effectively and ethically.
Personal and Political Influence
- recognize key concepts related to the use of influence
- identify techniques for influencing people
- recognize examples of positive politics
- identify examples of negative politics
- recognize actions that use positive politics to create strong relationships
- identify examples of how to use positive politics to promote unifying goals
- use methods to positively influence employees
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.