Risk taking can revolutionize business, but you need to know when and how to take a strategic risk when the opportunity arises. Managing risk means effectively assessing a threat by recognizing the probability of that risk occurring and evaluating the impact of the risk should it occur.
In this course, you'll learn to define strategic risk taking, what holds individuals back, and how to make calculated leaps of faith.
Knowing When to Take Strategic Risks
- There is no objective for the Course Overview
- identify the types of business risk
- recognize examples of strategies for dealing with risk aversion
- identify the reasons risk-taking is necessary
- identify the steps of developing a risk plan
- recognize best practices to foster strategic risk-taking in an organization
- Knowledge Check: Fostering Strategic Risk-taking Skills
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.