Apache Kafka can easily integrate with Apache Spark to allow processing of the data entered into Kafka. In this course, you will discover how to integrate Kafka with Spark.
- start the course
- install and configure the Spark Streaming package for Kafka
- read data into Spark from Kafka
- read data in parallel into Spark from Kafka
- write data back to Kafka from Spark
- write data back to Kafka from Spark in parallel
- create a direct stream to access Kafka data from Spark
- use LocationStrategies and ConsumerStrategies to improve performance
- use an RDD in cases where batch processing would be a better solution
- use offsets to handle exactly-once semantics
- use Kafka and Spark to split words from sentences
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.