In this course we will learn to setup and manage multiple nodes for optimal performance. This course covers the master and slave node setup, Jenkins best practices, deploying applications to the web server and automated release.
Working with Nodes
- start the course
- describe the concept of nodes in Jenkins
- describe how to set up and configure multiple nodes in Jenkins
- manage various node operations in Jenkins
- specify how to distribute various jobs over multiple nodes
- set up and configure master and slave node architecture in Jenkins
Administering and Maintaining Jenkins
- describe how to maintain Jenkins and its associated maintenance tasks
- list and describe the best practices of administering and maintaining Jenkins
- set up and configure Jenkins backup and perform various backup activities
- migrate Jenkins between multiple servers
Performing Automated Deployment and CD
- facilitate automated and continuous deployment implemention with Jenkins
- configure and deploy a Java project into Jenkins for tasks and integration automation
- configure and deploy a .NET project into Jenkins for tasks and integration automation
Practice: Master-Slave Setup
- Perform various regular node operations
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.