- start the course
Built-in Objects and Functions
- use the built-in Math object to do calculations, manipulate numeric data, and perform math operations
- work with the Date object to manipulate the date, including working with the local time zone, UTC, and GMT date and times
- manipulate string objects by concatenating, splicing, adjusting case, finding patterns, and removing, adding, and replacing substrings
- use ES6 native built-in promises to handle asynchronous operations
- respond to user actions with mouse event handlers such as click, double click, and the wheel
- manage keyboard events from within elements and from within the document to provide a keyboard-friendly interface
- use page event handlers to respond to page loads and unloading, scrolling, and resizing of the browser window
- implement interactive events like onblur, onfocus, and onsubmit to provide interactivity or react to user actions
- generate events and listen for events in a Node-based environment using EventEmitter
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.