In this course, you'll learn the basic concepts of the secure programming methodology, including identifying potential security risks and the importance of testing your code.
Secure Programming Fundamentals
- start the course
- describe defensive programming and identify its benefits and disadvantages
- describe secure programming, its relationship to defensive programming, and its benefits and disadvantages
- identify sources of risk that can negatively impact your software applications
- describe best practices for creating secure code
Inspections and Testing
- describe how to include defensive programming techniques into your software development process
- describe why testing should be performed and identify the major phases of the software testing process
- describe what unit testing is and the benefits it provides
Practice: Secure Programming Basics
- identify the benefits of employing defensive and secure programming and recognize the phases of the software testing process
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.