Clean Coding is a broad term for philosophies, principles, and practices for creating better, more efficient, and less error-prone software. This course covers clean coding and how to create better code.
What Is Clean Code?
- start the course
- describe the basic goals of clean coding
- specify the reasons why clean coding is important
- define the benefits of adopting clean coding
Basic Clean Code Principles
- describe the fundamental principle of creating simple code
- define why code should be made understandable
- specify how code can be better by being made consistent
- define the importance and benefits of maintainable code
- describe the principle of DRY and why it's important
Writing for Other Developers
- specify the importance of code readability
- define the importance of better code functionality
- describe the importance of better code security
- define the benefits and best practices for organizing project files
The Clean Coding Team
- specify the benefits and best practices for team organization and clean coding
- describe how policies and procedures can be implemented for better clean coding
Practice: Clean Coding Basics
- demonstrate usage of different naming conventions, commenting, and syntax
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.