In this course, you will be introduced to Apache Spark. You'll learn how to download and install Apache Spark, and you'll also learn how to build, configure, and initialize Spark.
Getting Started with Apache Spark
- start the course
- describe Apache Spark 2.2 and the main components of a Spark application
- download and install Apache Spark 2.2
- download and install Apache Spark 2.2 on Mac OS
- build Apache Spark using Apache Maven
- use Spark shell for analyzing data interactively
- link an application to Spark
- identify the three locations Spark provides to configure the system
- create a SparkContext to initialize Apache Spark
- describe how Spark runs on clusters and the three supported cluster managers
Practice: Using Apache Spark Shell
- use Apache Spark shell
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.