One part of Unix management is getting the operating system installed. In this course, you'll be introduced to manual and automated deployment methods.
- start the course
- describe the Unix operating system and how it is used
- choose an appropriate Unix deployment option
- download the FreeBSD DVD ISO image
- perform a manual installation of a FreeBSD virtual machine
- download and extract the FreeBSD VMware image
- configure a VMware virtual machine using a FreeBSD disk image
- deploy a FreeBSD cloud-based virtual machine from a virtual machine image
- make an SSH connection to a cloud-based FreeBSD virtual machine
Practice: Unix Installation Methods
- list Unix deployment methods
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.