Discover how web communication is implemented using the WebSocket and Web Worker APIs, Web Worker processes, and asynchronous processing.
- define the HTML5 WebSocket standard and how WebSockets work
- recognize various web browser communications and limitations
- recognize how to set up a WebSocket connection
- recognize how to use WebSocket to send messages to a web server
- recognize how to receive messages from a web server via a WebSocket
- define HTML5 Web Workers and their purpose
- recognize how to create a Web Worker and control a Web Worker from the main page
- recognize the process of message passing in HTML5 with Web Workers
- recall the concept and functionalities of the callback functions
- illustrate the concept of utilizing the callback hell functions
- recognize how to use Promise objects in asynchronous operation
- demonstrate how we can use Async-await in asynchronous operation
- recognize code processing with HTML5 Web Workers
- recognize the benefits of Web Workers to improve performance
- recognize the various WebSockets and methods with HTML5
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.