GCP provides fully managed cloud services for running Apache Spark and Hadoop. This course will introduce you to the concepts of cluster management with Dataproc, including machine types and workers.
- start the course
- recognize big data concepts and solutions using GCP
- define Cloud Dataproc and its benefits
- recall the various ways to access Dataproc
- describe the various areas of the dashboard and create a project
- recognize the process for creating a cluster in Dataproc
- recall the process for deleting a cluster using Dataproc
- define master and worker nodes in Dataproc
- describe custom machine types and preemptible worker nodes
- define the processes for identity and access management with permissions and IAM roles
Practice: Cloud Data and Cluster Management
- recognize the basic concepts of cluster management in Dataproc
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.