Based on C, C++ is a general-purpose, object-oriented programming language. Learn how to set up a development environment and explore the fundamentals of C++, including program structure, I/O streams, and header and source files.
- start the course
- recognize the characteristics and uses of the C++ programming language, and identify the main libraries it uses
- download and install Eclipse for C and C++ development
- use Eclipse to create a new C++ project
- install and compile C++ programs with GCC on Linux or Unix systems
- create C++ projects in Visual Studio
- describe the structure of a C++ program
- recognize the major syntax differences between C++ and C
- work with C++ I/O streams
- use the C++ preprocessor
- parse command line arguments in C++
- divide code into header and source file pairs in C++
Practice: Working with C++ Programs
- recognize the main parts of a C++ program and describe the use of the preprocessor
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.