Mentor relationships are key to enabling success in both your personal and professional lives. An effective coach can not only teach you vital work and life skills, but can also build up your resilience and self-confidence. This course covers the benefits of mentoring programs for employees, mentors, and the organization as a whole and explores the differences between mentoring and coaching relationships. It also details what makes a mentoring program successful, considering the various mentoring models and approaches and how each contributes to making a mentoring program a good experience for all involved.
Mentoring in the Workplace
- identify the benefits of workplace mentoring for mentees, mentors, and organizations
- distinguish between examples of coaching and mentoring relationships
- identify what makes mentoring programs successful
- distinguish between the four types of mentoring
- recognize the advantages of formal mentoring relationships
- identify benefits of informal mentoring relationships
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.