To help find your way through the numerous career choices available to you, you’ll need the guidance and experience of someone with the right skills and expertise – a mentor. Having a mentor means you can use the knowledge of a supportive professional to help you learn to work more efficiently and advance your career.
In this course, you'll learn how to find a mentor who can aid you in your professional goals, and who can give you expert career advice on further education, networking, and interviews. You’ll also explore the qualities of a good mentor, and of an effective mentoring relationship.
Finding and Nurturing a Mentor Relationship
- There is no objective for the Course Overview
- identify what makes someone a mentor
- identify key characteristics of an effective mentor
- recognize ways of finding an appropriate mentor
- recognize ways of maintaining a positive relationship with a mentor
- identify actions that allow you to get the most from your mentor
- Knowledge Check: Developing a Mentoring Relationship
- reflect on what you've learned