As a project manager, you will inevitably be called upon to address ethical dilemmas. These issues are much more complex than simply deciding what is right and what is wrong. In this course, you will explore the values underlying ethical decisions and behaviors as outlined in the PMI® Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct. For each value, you will be introduced to the integrity aspired to, as well as the mandatory conduct demanded of project managers to effectively manage projects and further promote project management as a profession. Topics covered include the behaviors that align with the core values of responsibility, respect, honesty, and fairness; how to integrate ethics into your project environments; and how to resolve ethical dilemmas. The course provides a foundational knowledge base reflecting the most up-to-date project management information so you can effectively put principles to work at your own organization. This course will assist in preparing the learner for the PMI® certification exam.
Exploring Ethics Standards and Core Values
- distinguish between aspirational ideals and mandatory behaviors
- recognize the aspirational and mandatory standards associated with responsibility
- recognize the aspirational and mandatory standards associated with respect
- recognize the aspirational and mandatory standards associated with fairness
- recognize the aspirational and mandatory standards associated with honesty
Applying Ethics in a Project Environment
- identify ways project managers can integrate ethical standards into a project
- identify ways to create an ethical multicultural environment
- identify steps to take when addressing ethical dilemmas
- demonstrate your understanding of how to resolve ethical business challenges
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.