This course provides an introduction to containerization and Docker terminology. You'll learn how Dockerfiles are used to build Docker images and how a container is a running instance of an image.
- start the course
- describe the concept and benefits of virtualization
- describe containerization
- compare virtual machines and containers
- describe when containers should be used
- define the purpose of Docker
- describe the purpose of Dockerfiles
- describe the purpose of Docker images
- describe when to use Docker Compose
- describe how continuous integration benefits software development and testing
- determine when and how to use Docker Swarm cluster and orchestration features
- describe how UCP is used as a single Docker management interface
- describe how DTR manages Docker images
Practice: Docker Concepts
- recall Docker container-related terminology
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty Areas listed below. Click to view Specialty Area details within the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.