Explore the process of remote execution, including running commands and using modules on minions. The state system, including system layers, compiler ordering, and state trees, is also covered.
DevOps with Saltstack: Remote Execution & State System
- use the Salt command
- identify the three components to order your minions around
- use Salt slots to store the results of a command
- write a Salt execution module
- add documentation to custom modules
- create custom modules to extend Salt
- write utility modules to reuse code in custom modules
- recognize the Salt state system layers
- use the order flag to override the definition order
- set up the Salt state tree
- debug the states by using call locally
- use Salt renderers to evaluate an SLS
- perform commands on the minion
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.