Explore the basics of SaltStack and the different installation methods available.
DevOps with Saltstack: Overview
- describe what Salt is and its core functions
- describe how Salt works
- list the advantages of Salt
- recognize Salt best practices
- run the Salt bootstrap script to install your Salt master
- install Salt using the platform-specific guide
- describe the dependencies that are required when running Salt on a Unix platform
- install Salt-Minion on Windows
- perform the initial Salt configuration, such as setting up the master and minion configuration and key identity
- validate key identity to connect to the Salt master
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.