Android apps are built with the open-source Android Studio. Explore Android and Android Studio and discover how to create your first Android app.
Developing Android Applications: Introduction
- describe the features and uses for Android
- define Android interfaces and architecture
- install the Java SDK and Android Studio
- describe the basic usage of Android versions and reasons for choosing one for development purposes
- demonstrate how to set up SDK platforms and Gradle in Android Studio
- discuss the various interface elements of Android Studio
- demonstrate how to create a new Android app using design themes in Android Studio
- define the basic structure and purpose of activity_main.xml in Android apps
- define the Android manifest
- create a hello world app and run it using Android Studio
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.