When working with data in a data warehouse, some level of transformation is usually required between the source and destination. In this course, you will learn about transformation and designing data flow.
Designing Data Flow
- start the course
- determine the need for supporting Slowly Changing Dimensions transformations
- determine whether to use SQL Joins or SSIS lookup or merge join transformations
- describe batch processing and row-by-row processing
- describe identity mapping methods
- recognize methods for deduplication
- describe fuzzy lookup
- Implement a fuzzy lookup in SSIS
- determine what to do with erroneous and changed rows
- determine auditing needs for SSIS packages
Practice: Data Flow in SQL Server 2014
- use data flow to load data in SQL Server 2014
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.