Prior to beginning any project – before you plan the budget or create the schedule – you need to develop a clear vision for what the project is to achieve and how it will achieve it. That involves clarifying what stakeholders expect to see in the end, all the tasks that will need to be carried out, the resources you will need, and who will be doing the work. These are your project scope and the project team required.
In this course you will learn about these aspects of project management. You'll learn how to complete a work breakdown structure to nail down all those big-picture details so that your project gets off on the right foot.
Defining a Project Scope and Team
- discover the subject areas that will be covered in this course
- identify methods for determining a project's requirements
- recognize activities involved in defining a project's scope
- identify actions needed to create a work breakdown structure
- identify the types of resources that a project requires
- identify the steps necessary to build a project team
- identify the stages of team development
- Knowledge Check: Starting the Project