Explore the practical implementation of Azure SQL Data Warehouse. Examine how to design, model, and apply ELT approaches of extracting loads and transforming data.
Data Warehousing with Azure: Implementing Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- list the essential features and architectural components of Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- specify the distributed management system and the workload management system of Azure SQL data warehouse
- demonstrate how to create Gen2 SQL Data Warehouse on Azure using the portal and PowerShell
- connect and submit queries to SQL Data Warehouse using SQL Operations Studio and SSMS
- demonstrate the steps of creating a SQL data warehouse and invoking queries using PowerShell
- specify the various steps involved in designing a productive data warehouse solution
- recall the best practices that should be adopted when working with SQL Data Warehouse
- demonstrate how to pause and resume SQL Data Warehouse using the portal and PowerShell
- scale the compute capability of SQL data warehouse in Azure
- define the steps for implementing ELT for SQL Data Warehouse
- connect to PowerShell and create SQL Data Warehouse using PowerShell
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.