Explore the fundamentals of data lakes and approaches for building and using data lakes. How to build and use an Azure Data Lake using Gen1 and Gen2 implementation approaches is also covered.
Data Warehousing with Azure: Data Lake Implementation Using Azure
- list the essential elements of a data lake and specify the features and goals of data lakes
- describe the basics of an Azure Data Lake
- identify the architectural components of Azure Gen1 Data Lake Storage
- identify the architectural components of Azure Gen2 Data Lake Storage and compare the differences between the features of Gen1 and Gen2 data lake
- set up Gen1 Azure Data Lake Storage using the Azure portal
- create Gen1 Azure Data Lake Storage using PowerShell
- upload data on Gen1 Azure Data Lake Storage using VSCode and CLI
- use Azure storage explorer to manage Azure Gen1 Data Lake Storage
- create Gen2 Azure Data Lake Storage
- load data in the Azure Data Lake using the Azure Data Factory
- load data from the Azure Data Lake Storage to SQL Data Warehouse
- compare the essential features and capabilities provided by V1 and V2 Azure Data Factory
- create Gen 1 and Gen 2 Azure Data Lake Storage using the Azure portal and PowerShell
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.