Most data that organizations collect doesn't offer much value. However, by applying the right techniques, you can extract powerful insights from the stockpile of data. Use data collection and exploration for the best possible prediction.
Data Needs and Sources
- start the course
- identify what data is valuable for prediction
- recognize the different data time frames and quantity of data needed to build predictive models
- identify common sources of data
- recognize key concepts of extracting, transforming, and loading data
- recognize the important features of data warehousing and marts
- identify key features of relational database management system (RDBMS) and Hadoop
Data Collection and Exploration
- identify important aspects of data collection
- recognize elements of data collection strategy
- recognize various ways exploration helps in understanding data
- list key steps in the data exploration roadmap
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.