Data architecture is a foundation that you need to understand in your data science journey. This is a high-level concept that typically is made up of models, policies, rules or standards that determine how and what data is collected, stored, arranged, integrated, and the put into use within an organization. In this Skillsoft Aspire course, you will explore how we define data, it's lifecycle, the importance of privacy, and SQL and NoSQL database solutions and key data management concepts as they relate to big data.
Data Architecture Primer
- Course Overview
- identify the relationship between data, information, and analytics
- recognize PII, PHI, and common data privacy regulations
- list the six phases of the data lifecycle
- compare and contrast SQL and NoSQL database solutions
- use Visual Paradigm to create a relational database ERD
- deploy Microsoft SQL Server in the Amazon Web Services cloud
- deploy DynamoDB in the Amazon Web Services cloud
- define what big data is and how it is managed
- recognize the relationship between data and how it is governed
- distinguish among the various types of data architectures, including the TOGAF enterprise architecture
- describe how organizations can derive value from data they already have
- implement effective data management solutions
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.