As organizations start to master data science and the volume of data collection increases, data sensitivity and security breaches are common in news media reports. In this course, you will explore how a structured data access governance framework results in reducing the likelihood of data security breaches.
Data Access & Governance Policies: Data Access Oversight and IAM
- Course Overview
- discuss how data access governance identifies and protects digital assets through policies
- list examples of standard security accreditations related to the protection of sensitive data
- provide examples of security controls related to data accessibility
- discuss how DLP, user awareness and training, applying updates, encryption, and malware scanning can minimize data breaches
- map HR job roles to IT system and data permissions
- set Windows NTFS file system permissions in accordance with the principle of least privilege
- identify the role IAM plays in a data governance framework
- use the AWS console to create IAM users and groups
- use the AWS console to assign permissions policies to IAM groups
- mitigate data breach events by identifying weaknesses
- fulfill organizational and regulatory data security requirements
- implement effective security controls to protect data
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.