A structured approach to security allows for the efficient management of security controls. Explore assets, threats, and vulnerabilities, risk management, user and session management, data confidentiality, and encryption.
Cybersecurity 101: Session & Risk Management
- Course Overview
- recognize digital assets that have value to the organization along with related threats
- identify and prioritize risks
- implement security controls to mitigate risk
- describe account management actions that secure the environment
- use Group Policy to implement user account hardening
- recognize how HTTP session management can affect security
- harden web browsers and servers to use TLS
- explain how centralized mobile device control can secure the environment
- recognize encryption techniques use to protect data
- configure a VPN to protect data in motion
- configure file encryption to protect data at rest
- configure encryption and session management settings
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.