Explore selective auditing, which provides valuable insights to activity on a network, and also Incident response plans, which are proactive measures used to deal with negative events.
Cybersecurity 101: Auditing & Incident Response
- Course Overview
- list best practices related to IT security auditing
- use Group Policy to enable file system auditing
- scan hosts for security weaknesses from Windows
- scan hosts for security weaknesses from Linux
- describe the importance of securing mobile devices
- centrally apply security settings to mobile devices
- configure Amazon Web Services to use multifactor authentication
- recognize how security is applied to applications from design to use
- use file hashing to detect modifications
- specify actions used when dealing with security incidents
- view a packet capture to identify suspicious activity
- centrally apply security settings
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.