Today's challenging business world demands that organizations move beyond traditional silos and toward broader, cross-functional collaboration. This means that organizations have to adeptly utilize skills and creative ideas from functions across the organization. And this requires effort and support from leadership. But in the end, it can maximize what an organization can accomplish.
This course explores how to establish and cultivate true cross-functional team collaboration. In it, you'll learn about the characteristics and key benefits of effective cross-functional team collaboration. You'll also learn how to assess your team's cross-functional collaboration readiness using relevant software solutions. And you’ll explore how to overcome potential barriers to achieve true cross-functional collaboration throughout your organization.
Cultivating Cross-functional Team Collaboration
- Cultivating Cross-functional Team Collaboration
- identify the key benefits of effective cross-functional team collaboration
- identify characteristics of effective cross-functional collaboration teams
- identify the stages of the disciplined evaluation framework for assessing and preparing for organizational collaboration readiness
- identify organizational strategies that you can use to establish and cultivate effective cross-functional collaboration
- distinguish between types of collaboration software solutions
- recognize best practices for mitigating risks inherent to cross-functional collaboration
- Knowledge Check: Cultivating Collaboration
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.