Managing projects requires developing realistic budgets and then keeping them on track. The CAPM® is an asset that will enhance your effectiveness at meeting this obligation, as CAPM training will ensure you have the knowledge you need to manage the project budget. In this course, you'll learn how to plan cost management, estimate costs, and determine budget for project costs. This course will assist learners in preparing for the PMI® PMP® certification exam.
Developing Your Project Budget
- identify activities that are part of the Project Cost Management Knowledge Area
- distinguish between the inputs, tools and techniques, and outputs of the Plan Cost Management process
- identify inputs to the Estimate Costs process
- distinguish between the tools and techniques you can use to estimate project costs
- describe how to use the bottom-up estimating technique to estimate project costs
- match the outputs of the Estimate Costs process to their descriptions
- recognize the inputs to the Determine Budget process
- recognize the tools and techniques you can use to determine your project budget
- identify the outputs of the Determine Budget process
- demonstrate your understanding of the Estimate Costs and Determine Budget processes
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.