Managing projects efficiently means planning carefully and controlling the workflow. The CAPM® is an asset that will enhance your effectiveness in this area. CAPM training will ensure you have the knowledge you need to define the scope and organize the deliverables. This course focuses on a single process in project management: the Create Work Breakdown Structure process, or Create WBS. It introduces the characteristics and purpose of a WBS, and covers the Create WBS process. This course will assist learners in preparing for the PMI® PMP® certification exam.
Creating and Using a WBS
- describe ways in which a work breakdown structure can be useful when planning and managing a project
- recognize how to organize the layers of a work breakdown structure
- identify inputs to the Create WBS process
- recognize decomposition activities
- recognize best practices for decomposing project deliverables
- identify characteristics of verified deliverables in a WBS
- identify the key activity for finalizing a WBS
- identify the components of the scope baseline
- recognize the role of the WBS dictionary in a project's scope baseline
- demonstrate your understanding of the Create WBS process
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.