Working at a customer support center or help desk environment can be challenging. Customers can sometimes be demanding and unreasonable, leading to conflict and stress. The customer service representative (CSR) who aims for service excellence can improve customer relationships by understanding the emotional needs of each customer and adapting to how they communicate. In this course, you'll learn how to identify and resolve conflict, negotiate with customers, and develop strategies to better manage time and stress, and you'll explore how a positive approach and attitude can benefit client service (CS).
Managing Time, Conflict, and Stress
- recognize the warning signs of potential conflict
- identify ways to reduce conflict with customers
- identify skills for negotiating effectively with customers
- recognize strategies of assertive communication
- recognize ways of demonstrating confidence when speaking to a customer
- identify strategies for reducing stress
- identify strategies to manage time
- recognize strategies to manage conflict, stress, and time effectively
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.