Examine the configuration requirements and considerations for application rollouts, networking security, and remote connections, including the use of Windows Control Panel tools and Linux commands.
CompTIA A+: Application Installation, Networking, & Tools
- configure the correct folder/file access to support application installation and validate security to minimize impact to devices and the network
- configure Windows Firewall
- configure IP addresses in Windows
- list differences in network connection types, requirements, and security
- explain why and when you would use Homegroup, Workgroup, and Domain setup
- manage and configure shares, mapped drives, and printers
- manage and configure remote connectivity, including proxy settings, Remote Desktop Connection, and Remote Assistance
- implement best practices for disk maintenance, patch management, driver/firmware updates, and antivirus/anti-malware updates
- use and configure MAC/Linux client tools
- manage client features
- use basic Linux commands
- demonstrate an understanding of the Client Tools
If you would like to provide feedback for this course, please e-mail the NICCS SO at NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.